We know that breastfeeding protects against allergies, sickness, and obesity. It also protects against diseases, like diabetes, cancer and infections. (health.ny.gov)
It is an incredibly important part of infant care, and Rutherford Pediatrics is here to help new mothers with the process.
Our Certified Breastfeeding Specialist, Dr. Desai, is here to help you on your breast feeding journey!
She can help evaluate latch, tongue tie and milk supply issues.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment (201)842-0501
BREASTFEEDING TIPS FOR NEW MOMS
1. Anticipate your baby's desires
2. Let your baby determine how often and how long to nurse
3. Get comfortable while nursing
5. Help your baby find the right position
6. Don't be alarmed, leaking is natural
7. Take care of your skin
8. Don't worry, you'll have enough milk
9. Avoid engorgement
10. Ask for help
11. Stay hydrated